Kendra's Miami Fashion Challenge

A couple of days ago, travel expert Kendra Thornton contacted me through Jeddah Blog, which is another platform I write for as a plus size fashionista. She invited me to participate in a fashion challenge, and create a couple of boards with some outfit suggestions for an upcoming trip she is taking to Miami with her husband. Here is a little background information about Kendra and the trip they have planned:



"I want to tell all of my readers about Kendra’s Miami Fashion Challenge! This is something I’ve thought up in preparation for my upcoming trip to Miami, when my husband and I will be staying at the Biltmore Estate! This hotel is absolutely gorgeous and has such a Gatsby feel. As you can imagine, I want to look as stunning and glamorous as possible for this trip. While I appreciate fashion as much as anyone, I’m so busy raising my three wonderful children, I don’t always much time to keep up to date on trends. I’m sure you fashion can provide me with just the tips I need to put together the perfect outfit!

The Biltmore Estate is a true luxury hotel, the estate is historical and famous for their 1920’s look. I selected this hotel with the help of an incredibly helpful social media site called gogobot. It provides you with a wealth of information, including detailed reviews of hotels and attractions.
You can do everything, from looking up destinations to actually booking your hotel. I wouldn’t think of traveling anywhere without first consulting it! This trip will give my husband and I, a chance to kick back and spend some quality time together. The hotel has all sorts of amazing amenities, including its own restaurants and bars. I’m looking forward to some fine dining!

They also offer culinary classes right on premise! Whether I’m enjoying some sun on the beach, shopping or having cocktails at one of South Beach’s hip clubs, I’m really looking forward to this vacation. Once I figure out the right look for this trip, I’ll be all ready to pack my bags. We plan to take plenty of photos while we’re in Miami, and I want people to honestly say that I look gorgeous! I’m really hoping that you will come through for me and give me the fashion tips so i can have to time of my life on this relaxing escape!"

Here are my outfit propositions:


01 - Black & Gold | Shining for Dining

You can never go wrong with a LBD (Little Black Dress)! A must-have in every woman's closet. This chic dress is a flattering look for a night date with hubby and an exquisite fine dining experience. With its sweetheart detail and bow belt, this dress reflects simplicity and femininity. The accessories are the 'glitter' part of the outfit.



02 - Miami Casual Chic
One of the most fun fashion invention is the maxi convertible dress - as you can adjust to any style you want. "Drape and wrap yourself in pure elegance." Light weight, vibrant royal blue and elegant. For comfort, a pair of white flat sandals: you remain effortlessly chic. Shaking your charm bracelet mimes the sound of maracas: a shimmering resonance of charms waves. This outfit is perfect for a lunch at the resort or an early-afternoon drink by the pool bar.



03 - Miami Beach Chic
Playsuits, rompers and jumpsuits are so IN this summer! Whether by the pool or at the beach, I chose this tropical print playsuit as a double-purpose garment: the outfit and the coverup. Victoria's Secrets swimwear is simply divine; this bandeau top bikini as the main piece to enjoy tanning sessions, swimming and walking (comfortably) by the beach. I added the same STEVE MADDEN flat sandals. Sometimes you don't need so many items while traveling. Finally a cute pinapple silkscreen print tote to put your protection creams, tanning oils, and little pool must-have trickets...


04 - Miami Night Out
These chic geo print joggers combined with this delicate and feminine embroidered black top from both a sexy and comfortable outfit for a night out. In my opinion, if you really want to enjoy your night out, there is no need to overdress and go too sophisticated. This look is chic! To add color, I picked these gorgeous glossy blue pumps and a fabulous blue and black statement necklace. If you have a black canvas, all you need to do is accessorize: Color Pop!







I had so much fun working on these mood boards and I hope Kendra will find some or all of them to her liking :) Thanks again for the opportunity!
And my fellow bloggers, feel free to comment and give your opinion on these four outfits. Any favorites? :)
 







No comments:

Powered by Blogger.